Padmate is the company that launched the true wireless Pamu Scroll earphones on the Indiegogo crowdfunding platform. The campaign, which ended last November 12th, was a real success, with approximately 2 million 900 thousand euros of orders collected. Thanks to the first reviews and early feedback, the word about product quality quickly spread, also in relation to the really competitive starting price of $ 39. We bought them on November 4, 2018, at a total price including shipping $79 on Moldac. We received them on December 24th, a great Christmas present! Our version includes the Graphene(Black).
The technical characteristics are as follows:
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Deep bass
- Wireless charging (if you buy the usb kit for charging)
- Auto pairing
- Dust resistant
- Impermeable to water, IPX6, ie protected from splashes of water, but not waterproof
- Touch controls
- 3.5 hours autonomy
- Weight 5 grams
The product is well packaged with a minimal and pleasant graphic. Inside the box are perfectly housed the earphones, the charging case, the micro USB cable, the rubber caps of different sizes, the instructions.
The case is made of quality materials, well finished, cylindrical in shape, covered in leather, in our case with Graphene finish, and opens by pulling a rigid magnetic bar.
The earphones are treated in detail, they are made of ovoid-shaped plastic, with a bronze-colored border, and the remaining parts are black. The external part has a rough finish and is the one that responds to touch commands.
Experience of use
The design of the cover and the shape of the earphones are undoubtedly of a good standard and offer an interesting sense of pleasure to the touch and sight. The Bluetooth 5.0 module offers a quick and immediate pairing with the devices and a range up to 200 meters in the air line. In daily use we detect a defect in the delay in receiving the touch commands, in fact, when a trace is removed or sent forward, it is necessary to wait a few tenths of a second for the command to be executed, and this raises the question of the fact whether the command has been accepted or not. The use of earphones without the cable simplifies life, especially on the move, but also while we’re at work in front of the PC, allowing us to get up without having to disconnect, for example, the cable from the computer. On the other hand, the risk of being left with a dead battery is not irrelevant.
The earphones fulfill their job well, with a good distribution of medium and high frequencies, although with a predominance of bass. The sound quality during calls is excellent using both earphones, the interlocutor will feel less good if we decide to use only the main earpiece (the right earpiece), since using one only our voice will pass through only one microphone.
Benefits and defects
- Sophisticated and refined design
- Excellent ergonomics (subjective data)
- Low weight
- Case that allows two complete recharges of the earphones
- Full sound and rich in frequencies
- Quick pairing
- Low battery voice signal
- Voice signals of the calling number
- Almost inaudible rustling (the rustling is typical of wireless headphones, decreases with increasing quality)
- Touch controls to send music tracks back and forth, answer or reject calls, consult the voice assistant
- Almost no delay in voice transmission
- Slightly bulky case
- Lack of the ability to raise or lower the volume with touch controls
- Delay in receiving commands
- Micro USB, we would have preferred the type C