Gel nails are an ideal solution to have beautiful nails that last a long time. However, when it comes time to remove them, it gets a little trickier. So how do you remove gel nails? In this article, your expert nail supplier Maryton will tell you how to remove your gel nails.
How to remove gel nails with acetone?
If you have acetone at home, here is the method in a few steps to remove your gel nails:
- Fill a bowl with acetone;
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap;
- Place the bowl of acetone in a larger bowl filled with hot water for a few minutes;
- Cover the contour of the nail with petroleum jelly so that it doesn’t dry out;
- Soak a cotton ball in acetone and place it on the nail;
- Add aluminum foil around the nail to hold everything together;
- Leave to act for about 30 minutes: Don’t exceed 30 minutes in a row;
- Remove the cotton after 30 minutes, the gel should go away on its own;
- If there is still gel left, use new cotton pads and keep them on for 10 minutes;
- Then take good care of your nails: rinse off the acetone, file the nails, polish them and moisturize them.
How to remove gel nails without acetone?
- Cut nails as short as possible;
- File the surface of the nails: either very gently with a nail file or an electric sander;
- Stop filing as soon as you approach the natural nail;
- Use the fine-grained nail file to finalize the filing;
- Once the gel has been removed, take care of your nails: moisturize the hands and nails with suitable creams or vegetable oils.
How to take off gel nails?
- Wait until the gel is already well chipped;
- Insert a stick under the gel layer;
- Use an oil to soften the gel if needed;
- Peel off the gel little by little using your fingers or tweezers;
- Take care of your nails by moisturizing them intensely.
For a beautiful hand, remember to prepare your nails. We hope you enjoy this article! In addition to these, I advise you to invest in a complete manicure supplies! To help you in your choice, I invite you to visit our website.
Read also: How to file your nails?