When temps are sizzlin’ and you’re in full-blown beach bum mode, there’s something to be said for one-and-done pieces that’ll keep your style cred on lock with almost zero effort. Off-the-shoulder dresses do just that, taking you from laid-back picnics to swanky rooftop soirees in a snap. With an iCal already jam-packed with weddings, weekend getaways and festivals galore, now is the time to stock up on a few of these effortless style essentials. Teamed up with trendsetting footwear (think: mules, flatforms or strappy lace-up sandals) and a few It girl-approved accessories, off-the-shoulder dresses will fast become your new summer hero piece. Scroll on for 10 affordable dresses to add to your summer wardrobe stat.
1. Soonsu 16ss Tied Off-Shoulder Shirt Dress Red ($249): Just like an LBD, red dresses for women is a necessary component to every fashionable femme’s everyday wardrobe. Whether you’re sippin’ cocktails seaside or schmoozing with your crew at a backyard bash, this fiery number will see you through in style. Team with gold chandelier earrings and strappy flats for a winning ensemble.
2. Reformation Rosa Dress ($218): Cue the flirty espadrilles and wide-brim hats — this botanical frock was made for carefree summer days and nights. Throw on a pair of futuristic cat eye shades and a bright circle bag for a lively street fair (bring on the food trucks!) or stroll along the boardwalk.
3. Wildfox Couture Grapefruit Dress ($167): This fun, fruity dress is guaranteed to become your main squeeze this season, thanks to its trend-right silhouette, peek-a-boo cutout and irresistible grapefruit motif. Swap it in for your go-to LWD for date night, then proceed to style with a glitzy ear crawler and pink suede steppers. Swoon.
4. Nightwalker Flirt Cheap Maxi Dresses ($95): Meeting the S.O.’s parents this summer? Make sure you have this elegant chambray maxi on standby. Rack up the brownie points with classy minimalist slides and a vintage clutch that doubles as a conversation piece when you’re in a bind.
4. Free People Dahlia Dress ($250): Oh, this old thing? We’re adding this crochet dream to our must-have list stat. Be it a rooftop party or a downtown wedding, this sunny yellow number will straight-up slay, especially when paired with strappy gold heels and a copper smoky eye.
5. MLM Label Essential Dress ($175): Sweet sundresses and tailored cropped trousers feel far too preppy for your envelope-pushing kind of style, and that’s totally cool. Get in on the gingham action with a next-level dress offering three of summer’s biggest trends — off-the-shoulder necklines, bell sleeves and ruffle details — all rolled into one Insta-worthy outfit. Pair it with menswear-inspired cutout kicks and a structured mini bag for a look with endless boy-meets-girl appeal.
6. ASOS Off Shoulder Sexy Mini Dress ($25): The grass is always greener on your side when you’re rockin’ this one-and-done dress. Consider this your new go-to alternative to your tried-and-true tank and cutoffs routine. Whether you wear it with fresh white sneakers and a perforated backpack or styled alongside platform sandals and a mini bucket bag, the result will be undeniably OOTD-worthy.
7. Trina Turk Merci Floral Dress ($138): Owning the room ain’t no thang when you have a scene-stealing dress like this on hand. Stand out at your next barbecue or Sunday morning brunch with this tropical number paired with rainbow lace-up sandals.
8. & Other Stories Asymmetric Off-Shoulder Dress ($115): Rehearsal dinner dress or the post-“I do” piece you’ll be donning non-stop for sunset strolls along the beach and casual dining under the stars — you get to decide. Whichever way you swing it, printed heels and bold lips are a must.
9. MLM Label Dash Tea Length Dresses ($175): Spot on. As far as we’re concerned, this pretty paprika dress, which would be perfect for a stint on the Amalfi Coast, can do no wrong. Everything from the tie-front detail to the bohemian sleeves is worthy of a stylish getaway.
10. Wildfox Couture Grapefruit Dress ($167): This fun, fruity dress is guaranteed to become your main squeeze this season, thanks to its trend-right silhouette, peek-a-boo cutout and irresistible grapefruit motif. Swap it in for your go-to LWD for date night, then proceed to style with a glitzy ear crawler and pink suede steppers. Swoon.